Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010!

So it's the last night of 2010. I figured I should definitely write.

This year has been so crazy for us. We've had a lot of stresses, struggles and worries. We've had bad. Yet, we've also had our share or blessings and good too. Talk about a mixed year! I'm sort of sad to see 2010 go but at the same time I am excited for 2011. I have hope and faith for a good year for us.

In 2010, Talon turned 2! He's so smart, so cute and definitely loving. He does push buttons, as any two year old does, but for the most part he's a really good kid. He talks more now but he is still developing this skill. He's definitely more of an active child than articulate. No matter, he is so smart. You can see the gears turning inside his head as he figures something out. It amazes me at how quick he can pick up on something. Then there is the dare-devil side he has. Lord, give a momma a heart attack sometimes! All in all, I am so proud and impressed with him. He's had a rough year and a half as we've struggled to get on our feet again. Through it all he has remained a great child and I love him so much. There's not a day that goes by where I don't feel he is my whole world. He's still my miracle and blessing and I am still forever thankful.

Kenny and I celebrated 9 years of marriage and 11 years of being together. How time has flown! I can't believe that we are still together (in ways) because we have had some serious struggles and trials in our marriage. Yet, we've pulled through together and I guess that's a sign of true love. The past year and a half has given us a true value to life as a family. As long as we're together, we're ok. Because that's how it seems to fall into place for us. I love him very much and I am trying to really be positive through life. He's my husband and I love him. What more is there? Here's hoping for another 9 years of marriage!

We also got into our own place again. This is a big blessing for us. One I wasn't sure was going to happen in 2010 or even shortly into 2011. It's been a stressful situation for me though. I constantly worry we'll fall behind and have issues. I don't ever want that struggle again. I hope and pray that 2011 will be a great, positive year for us. That we can keep paying rent and not have these worries.

I also got my GED in 2010! What a huge accomplishment! I was (and am) so proud of myself. The first step into changing my life! Now, I am registered to start school January 18th. It will be a long road ahead but I am determined to get there. I'm determined to be a nurse. Enjoy my career and take care of my family. Once I am working and bringing in this income, our life will be so much better. It's a goal I can't wait to reach. Yet, it takes time. I hope for the best and pray for strength because I do expect trials along the way. With God behind me, I can (and will) do this!

Here's praying 2011 is a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment