Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ouchies & Prettys!

A few things to write about today...

On Thursday, Talon once again gave me a heart attack. He is a monkey, and all boy. He loves to climb and no matter how many times you move him or tell him "no", he still does it. I can't count how many times I have tried to stop him. His newest thing to climb is the computer desk. We move him constantly, but he likes to climb it and try and get into stuff. On Thursday he was insisting on climbing it, and had just been moved when he went to climb it again. He lost his footing and fell. Not too far, maybe two feet. He was climbing the first shelf. When he fell his face hit the shelf. Somehow, he lost a chunk out of his top lip (inside). He cried a frantic/hurt cry and I knew something was really wrong. When I picked him up to see what was wrong, I could see blood pooling in his mouth, as I tilted him back a little so I could see in, he opened his mouth and all of the blood came rushing out. It was bleeding so much! I could see the hole on his lip, and I was scared for him. I thought he might have needed stitches or an ER visit. It had to of been so scary for him. When I called my sister about the closest good hospital and if she thought we should go, she told me that it was a high bacteria zone and they don't stitch those, unless they absolutely have no option. She had me take a picture, and though Talon refused and didn't want us near his mouth (understandably) I was able to capture an ok shot with the cell phone. She said it didn't look too deep to need stitches anyway. It was really bad, and I was so sad for him. I hated seeing him get hurt but was also angry that he keeps doing things that can/will (DID) hurt him! He never learns easily...

Here's the photo:

OUCH!! Poor thing!

Since it's so beautiful outside and Spring is definitely here (well, of course it's Florida! LOL) and summer weather is on the way very quickly... I decided to paint my toe nails "Marine Scene". It's such a fun, pretty spring/summer color! They came out rather well...

Pretty!!

While painting my toe nails, Talon comes over to investigate what I'm doing. He squats down and intently looks at my toes and then looks at me. I said "Mommy's making her toes pretty..." He looks back at my toes and then gets real close to the nail polish brush, plugs his nose and says "stinky stinky" and runs to the other side of the room. LOL I definitely have a boy! =)

2 comments:

  1. Awww poor Talon!!! We've had a few close calls ourselves, with our boys!! Boys will be boys!! And I love the nail color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor thing! My son is about 19 months old and I've had quite a few heart attacks with him already. He actually had to get his first set of stitches last month because he was running in the house, fell and split his chin wide open. So gross, lots of blood, very hard for me to handle.
    Pretty nails though :)

    ReplyDelete