Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Tidbits Of Me


Howdy!

This is not my first blog, and I highly doubt it'll be my last. But at this point in time, it will be my main.

First posts are always basic information, so I'll stick with that this time as well.

My name is Kim and most people call me Kimmy. You may be wondering about the blog title and where "Kibby" comes from, so I'll enlighten you on that as well. When I was younger, my mom used to call me Kibby. I am not sure 100% on why, but it was a nickname that stuck through out my childhood and even to this day. It's one I go by online often, so this fit. Besides, it's hard to think of a blog name! Haha.

I turned 30 years old on Saturday, January 30, 2010. I will say that it seems 30 snuck up on me! I'm not where I had hoped to be in my life at this stage, but I am not too far off. And since I am only 30, I still have time to make the most of life and enjoy it to the fullest, right? Right!

I'm married to my husband, Kenny, since October 23, 2001. It's been a long 8 years and we have had some bad times during that period (of course, what marriage doesn't?!) but we've also shared many happy and wonderful times too! In our case, the good definitely outweigh the bad, luckily. He is not the perfect man or husband, but he is my man and husband... and I do love him, very much.

We are the very proud and loving parents to an adorable little boy named Talon Kenneth. He was born September 13, 2008. After struggling for a very long time to become a family, Talon entered our life through adoption from a family friend. We were very blessed and lucky to be there through everything, from the very start when his birthmom (BM) found out she was pregnant and happily announced to us "congratulations". She knew she was gifting the child to us. I use the term gifting, because that's what it was. Talon was the best gift anyone could have ever given us and we'll always be grateful and forever appreciative. Talon was born at 36.2 weeks gestation, and luckily he made it that far. BM started the cycle of pre-term labor at just around 28 weeks. It was a long and scary 8 weeks before he did arrive. Thankfully, he was born perfectly healthy and strong. He weighed just 4 pounds 12 ounces and was a "stretched" 17 inches long. His only problem was having a sensitive digestive system which was resolved by placing him on soy formula. Talon was and is the light of my life. He means so very much to me, and I'm definitely enjoying being a mommy to him, even on days where I am not sure why I wanted to be a mother... lol. He's the typical hyper active toddler. Each day he does something that leaves me in amazement and feeling extra special to have him. For his personality, I'd say he's a loving,caring, fun and silly monkey!


Then - 1 day old


Now - 18 months old

We reside in Kissimmee, FL. Unfortunately, the economy took a toll on us and we ended up having to leave our home in Wyoming in June 2009. Sadly, we left behind some family that we were really close to and we miss them daily. We are staying with my sister and her family until we can get things a little more together and get on our feet. We are not proud of this and it is hard, but we are thankful to have a place to go. We hope to have a place soon though.

We have struggles and stresses in our life that's for sure. But we are very blessed. We're all [rather] healthy and doing pretty good in life. Taking life each day at a time and living the best we can. I have a strong faith and foundation in God, and I know that we are where we are with His help.

2 comments: