Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No More Baby!

My baby isn't so much a baby anymore. When Talon was a newborn and he had lost his umbilical cord, it was a happy moment but it was very sad too. Because he lost the last "oh so new baby" marking. And through the months, 19 to be exact, he has had many changes to lose the whole baby stage. I just always grasp onto the next before it goes too. Now, Talon is no longer a binky sucker. He loves them and I think if I had allowed he'd have one for a long time to come still. Yet, I wanted him broke around 18 months. We are past that and though he's done great with having it cut down, he still had one.

Sunday we started cold turkey. It went well but not 100%. I did give in and give him a binky in the wee early morning hours. Out of selfishness. I was exhausted and not feeling well. It was easy. Of course I took the easy route you know? I felt horrible about it though. I need to be strong for my baby boy. Yesterday I planned to 100% cold turkey it. NO giving in. That's just what we did too! I'm so proud of Talon. He's really taking to it.

I guess since it's been over 24 hours since my son has had a binky in his mouth, it's safe to say he is binky-free? No more binks for my little nugget. *sigh* I am extremely happy. I'm proud of him don't get me wrong. I wanted him to be free of it and he is. Yet, it's the last stage of the little baby. Aside from diapers, which I think potty training is still many (six?) months off. But the binky just "baby-fied" him. Now, that's gone. No more. Nada.

I'm happy, definitely. He seems happy too. Like, I don't think he truly misses it. He doesn't even cry at nap or bedtime for it. He did ask for it yesterday at nap and I told him no, he's a big boy now. We tickled instead. LOL

I'm now a mommy to a toddler. No more itty bitty baby. (Who was I kidding anyway? It's been this way for a while now! LOL)

Ps. This does make me want another sooner than later...

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with siblings. :)

    Congrats on breaking the binky!

    ReplyDelete