Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Time Passing

Time seems to be passing so quickly lately. The past oh, five or six years especially. But this year it's flying. We are now into April, which leaves just over 8 1/2 months of 2010 left. That's crazy! I've noticed time seems to pass faster now because of having Talon. It seems like something changes with him daily, and sometimes I truly notice changes and just want to cry. Oh, they are happy tears most of the time. I'm proud of him and the way he is developing into a beautiful, caring, smart, handsome young man. Just the way I'd like him to be. Respectful too, but we're working on that. Hey, he is only 18 1/2 months old!

Speaking of change and developing, and time passing... We go a potty for Talon about a week or so ago. We're still in the introducing it stage though. I don't expect him to start using it and training for a while still. I don't plan to rush him. Yet, I am not one that believes in just letting it wait until they are ready. I definitely want to start trying to potty train within the next 3-4 months and have him done by 2, if it works out well. We'll see. But we are a potty owning family now!



Easter came and went. We had a wonderful holiday. Talon's still young and he doesn't understand the real meaning of the holiday, or the commercialized meaning either for that matter. Yet, we have shared both. I told him the story of Easter and he sat with me while I did. I added some silly faces and sounds in here and there to just, well make it a little more toddler friendly. I know he doesn't understand yet but one year he will. We did a basket for him of goodies. Stuff he enjoys. Not too much candy, but some. Lots of bubbles to play with though! And some bath toys. Just fun things. Nothing overboard. It was a simple basket that he enjoyed. We did the egg hunt with family. Talon and Aiden really seemed to enjoy that a lot. Then we went our own ways. Talon and I went "shopping" but nearly every store we went to that I wanted to go to was closed! I didn't realize so many places close for Easter. And then we met up with my sister Michele and her family at the park so that the boys could play together. That was a fun two hours! Talon really enjoyed himself. As did I. It was so much fun, and very nice!

His basket/goodies!

My handsome little man on Easter.

Hunting eggs with daddy!

Next Sunday and Monday we're heading to Fort Myers for some family fun there. I am sure we'll have a wonderful time and a much needed relaxing break. I know I could surely use it!

I've been so stressed lately, but through all the stress I am trying to remember the good. All the blessings in my life and all I have to be thankful for. It helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment